|Xenarc Technologies Industrial Grade Display Monitor|
What is a Computer LCD Monitor?
A computer monitor is an output device that displays information in pictorial form. A monitor usually comprises the display device, circuitry, casing, and power supply. Most of us are familiar with our desktop computer monitors and how heavy they were just 10 years ago and all the advancements in technology that have made them flat and lightweight.
Most of you are also familiar with the different types of advancements made to our televisions in the last ten years and the sharp, crisp clear displays available now. There are many different types of monitors and television screens and laptop, tablets and even phones that use the latest in display technology. Here are just a few of the types of monitor displays based on how they create the image on the screen.
(CRT)Cathode Ray Tube monitors are the conventional computers, large in size and have wide viewing angles. The working process of CRT is very simple in which the Cathode Ray Tube moves an electron gun to and fro across the screen. The beam collides on the phosphor dots present on the screen and emits light. The beam actives the pixels and makes an image on the screen.
|Rugged, Sunlight Readable and Waterproof|
|Automobile LCD LED Display Touch Screen|
|Industrial & Automotive LCD Display Monitors from Xenarc are truly Rugged|
|10.1" Sunlight Readable, Waterproof IP65 IP67 Industrial Grade Touch Screen Display|
What is an Industrial LCD Touch Screen Display Monitor?
An industrial touch screen display monitor is basically a desktop monitor that is stripped down to the bare chassis and components and is overlaid with a touch glass overlay integrated to make it easier for Original Engineer Manufacturers (OEMs) to integrate the unit into a larger enclosure.
For the most part, an Industrial Touch Screen Monitor is best known as an open frame touch screen monitor or an open frame monitor. The industrial unit itself is a metal chassis that holds the internal components of the monitor, along with the LCD/LED panel together with no housing or bezel.
|Waterproof Rugged for Marine & System Integration|
A key component that industrial touch screen monitors have is that all components are made of rugged all-weather industrial grade materials and will typically last longer and be much more durable than that of consumer-grade products. Xenarc Technologies only uses industrial grade components and the latest in commercial display technology available to make one of the most durable, rugged, heavy duty industrial display touch screen monitors available.
While there are many types of touch screen technologies available for industrial touch screen pcs, three stand out as the most practical and cost-effective options for most application.
|Resistive Touch Screen Technology|
This type of screen is comprised of 2 elements, a glass panel and a film screen, both with a thin metallic coating. The panel and the screen are stacked on top of each other, with the metallic coated sides facing each other and a small gap between the panel and the screen. When a user pushes down against the film screen, the electrically charged metallic layers touch and transfer electrical current. This action signals a screen touch at the specified location. Many different objects can be used on a resistive screen to interact with the interface, as long as sufficient pressure is applied to trigger a screen touch. As such, this is a popular option in facilities where touch screen users are required to wear gloves while interacting with the computer screen.
|Capacitive Touch Screen Technology|
This touch screen technology utilizes the static electricity capacity of the human body to register its screen touches. The screen is designed by adding a thin layer of electrodes on top of a glass panel. When the panel makes contact with human skin or with another capacitive object (like a stylus with an electrical charge), the screen will transfer a small amount of electrical current to the user’s skin. This transfer of energy is registered by the unit as a screen touch. Unlike resistive based touch screen technology, the capacitive screen cannot register screen touches without direct contact from a capacitive object.
|Latest in Touch Screen Technology|
Like the surface capacitive screen technology, the projected capacitive screens operate by using a layer of electrodes to create an electrical current that is read by sensors in the screen. However, unlike the surface capacitive screens, the projected capacitive screen uses a three dimensional electrostatic field to pinpoint and register screen touches by the user. Unlike the surface capacitive screens, this technology allows for the use of thin gloves on the screen, as well as multi-touch inputs from the user.
What are Rugged All-Weather Industrial Touch screen Monitor used for and where?
Industrial touch screen monitors are suited for heavy-duty applications and continued use and abuse by workers in a factory or in a fleet such a logistics or transportation trucking company for example. A few good examples would be CNC machines for industrial applications. In this type of environment, industrial touch screen monitors are always being put to the test to endure harsh operating conditions, where the industrial display unit needs to last, otherwise the whole operation will come to a halt.
Another example of a harsh environment would be a Kiosk. Often, industrial grade touch screen monitors are integrated into a Kiosk to endure the constant approach of people who will put the Kiosk through lots of abuse.
|Digital Signage Displays|
|Boardroom LCD Touch Screen Monitors|
Rugged All-Weather Industrial LCD Monitors: Who Should Use Them and Why?
In the military, marine industries, and commercial fields, industrial LCD monitors are a must-have for outdoor use. Traditional displays typically don’t provide the performance or durability required for use in these environments. One of the largest issues with consumer displays and monitors is that they may not be able to withstand the extremes of temperature that are typical of outdoor environments. In hot temperatures, displays can overheat and crash, while cold temperatures can cause them to shut down or sustain damage.
|Custom Car Video Displays|
Wide-Temperature Industrial LCD Display
Industrial PC monitors are built to have increased durability to endure harsh weather conditions, wear and tear, and physical use. With the addition of extended temperature ranges, these displays can ensure consistent and reliable use in extreme outdoor environments.
|Marine Grade Touch Screens|
Rugged LCD displays feature extended temperature ranges from -20°C up to over 60°C, ensuring that they can provide full functionality outdoors.
|Touch Screen LCD LED Display Monitors|
Factors for Selecting Wide-Temperature Industrial LCD Monitors
When selecting a rugged outdoor or indoor monitor with an extended temperature range, there are some factors that have to be considered. It must also be certified to withstand the abuse of continuous operation and continuous use and abuse by its users.
- Visual Display Requirements – Does the monitor provide quality visual display? Does it feature sunlight-readable technology and optically bonded glass, ensuring that it can be used in the daytime outdoors?
- Power Consumption – Does the monitor have reduced power draw and power consumption?
- Cost – Does the display fit within the required budget? Is a custom-built display needed? Note: a rugged display may cost more than a traditional display, but with an extended lifespan, it can provide more value for its cost.
|Personal Submarine using Xenarc Technology Monitors|
Benefits of Wide-Temperature Industrial LCD Monitors
- Increased Durability – Rugged displays are resistant to damage from temperature extremes, weather conditions, physical use, and dust/pollutants. Industrial displays are often waterproof (IP 67/68 sealed) and feature a rugged chassis that prevents damage.
- Consistent, Reliable Use – With a rugged industrial display, high-level operations can be performed with the knowledge that the display will provide consistent use.
- Improved Performance – Industrial displays feature capabilities and technology that provide the best performance, including reduced power draw, LED backlighting, sunlight-readable capability, deep-dimming, and other functions that allow for greater use and accessibility.
- Xenarc Technologies created the small form factor VGA touch screen industrial computer terminal niche in 2002.
- Xenarc was first to market with a 7” VGA monitor (now the 700YH).
- Xenarc was first to market with a 7” touchscreen VGA monitor (now the 700TSH).
- Xenarc Technologies is now the leader in ruggedized industrial displays, and first to market with a 10.1” HDMI/DVI/VGA touch screen IP65 water and dust resistant display (1029CNH), 10.1” HDMI/DVI/VGA touchscreen IP67 water and dust resistant and optically bonded display (1029GNH)
- The 1029CNH was followed up by the first every 7” display with the same capabilities (709CNH).
- Xenarc Technologies built a reputation over these years with quality customer service, and rugged, robust products.
- Wider voltage/temperature ranges
- Long lasting components (solid or ceramic capacitors in construction, instead of electrolytic capacitors)
- Full aluminum casings in our ruggedized displays
- We are the only company that offers 24 month full unit warranties on all of our products.
- Customers stay with Xenarc displays not because they are the cheapest, but because they are built to last, and Xenarc Customer Service stands behind them.
- Xenarc Technologies excels in customizing displays for customer applications
- Custom cables
- Custom bezels
- Custom inputs
SDI (Serial Digital Interface)
SDI is a professional video signal that is preferred in broadcasting & production environments because of its longer range (up to 300 feet) and reliability, since it’s typically sent along BNC Cabling that has specialized connectors on each end to lock into the devices they connect to.
CE – European Conformity
E-Mark – EU safety certification mark for motor vehicle parts and systems
RoHS - Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive
IP65 - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against water projected from a nozzle.
IP67 - Against liquids, an IP67 rated gadget's protection is limited to about 30 minutes of immersion in up to a meter or three feet of freshwater.
Xenarc Technologies CustomersAutomotive
· General Motors
· Ford Motor Company
· Honda R&D
· Nissan Motor Company
· Chrysler Group
· Bose Corporation
· Boeing Company
· Bombardier Aerospace
· Lockheed Martin
· Gulfstream Aerospace
· Jet Propulsion Laboratories
· Northrop Grumman
· Microsoft Corporation
· Caterpillar Inc.
· Department of Transportation
· Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
· Naval Surface Warfare Center
· Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems
· Foxwoods Resort and Casino
· Harrah’s Entertainment
· Shuffle Master Inc.
· Worldwide Gaming Systems
· Leica Geosystems
· Octagon Systems
Entry Level Industrial Grade Displays
HDMI Industrial Grade Displays
High-Bright Displays - Sunlight Readable
IP65 Industrial-grade certified Water and Dust Resistant Displays
1029GNH - 10.1” High-Bright Capacitive Touchscreen HDMI/DVI/VGA Display Monitor with Optical Bonding